As many of you know, last Thursday Matthew and I had to say good-bye to our baby. We were able to hold him and tell him how much he was loved by us. Amazingly, we already have his ashes and plan to take him to the same spot we took Alan in January on the San Juan Islands. Fortunately, Matt and I are able to find strength in one another and the support we need to heal. The past two weeks we have been cared for by our family and friends with food, flowers, cards, cupcakes, cookies, shoes, hugs and tears. We are so grateful to have you all supporting us during this terribly difficult time. Matthew has been able to take a few days off, but really had to work through it all. Working with engineers who really have a lack of social skills has made it tough for him. I'll be heading back to Inglewood starting Monday. My teaching partner and team as well as many others on staff have done their best to ready the students and make my transition back to school as easy as possible.
Thank you all for caring so deeply for Matt, Jack, Alan and me. We love you very much!
Friday, October 9, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Our hearts are with all of you, including Alan & Jack. Your strength is amazing - we are here for you and always will be through thick and thin. As I said before, I know you will have a plan and good things will come your way.
ReplyDeleteLove you all - including Indy
Lynn & Glenn